from snowy Montana! Children should be able expect certain things from
their parents. Here is a little list that all parents should read…
• Affection, warmth and comfort – hopefully a deep, unconditional, ongoing love.
• Respect and courtesy in both verbal and body language.
• Truth. Children often feel they are to blame for adult problems.
• Discipline with dignity in a firm and kind manner.
• Never to use, tolerate or allow verbal, sexual or physical abuse.
• Food, shelter and clothing.
• Consistency in expectations and emotions.
• Responsibility to work as a team in developing and reaching family goals.
• Rich and varied environment of learning.
• Separation of the behavior and the individual.
• Clear and realistic boundaries and guidelines.
• Teaching and living of morals, standards and values.
• Forgiveness and letting go of mistakes.
• That we would never knowingly hurt their feelings, spirits or bodies.
• That they will be heard and their emotions treated respectfully.
• Support and encouragement of efforts and endeavors.
• That the parents will keep them safe from harm.
• Time spent individually – remember children love, appreciate and
remember your presence much more than your presents.
• That we
will care for our own spiritual, emotional and physical needs so that
we will set a good role model. Children learn what they live and see
and on daily basis.
time, I will share with you a list of things that parents have a right
to expect from their children. For more information on encouragement
and responsibility click here.