Hello from beautiful Montana:
You want to be self-confident and you want to build that inner core of strength in your children and grandchildren or you wouldn’t have been drawn here. Something in those words resonated with your heart.
You have taken the first step on a wonderful journey that will help you to recognize and teach that you and yours are good human beings and worthy of respect and love.
Here is a small video you will enjoy; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaGbg3yKyuo
Even if you tend to see the negative or look at life with pessimistic eyes, it is possible to change your viewpoint. Becoming an encouraging person with an attitude of gratitude is a skill. It is not an overnight acquisition nor is it something that can be purchased. Skills take work and practice. They take a dogged determination to overcome obstacles in order to gain a reward.
It takes a process similar to improving any other skill you have conquered in your life. Think back on when you learned to ride a bike, play an instrument, or speak a foreign language. Who was it that taught you the basics and encouraged your efforts as you kept trying, even after falling off again and again?
Most of us want to play the piano, but not learn the scales and practice each day. Many wish they spoke a foreign language, but don’t want to take the time, money and effort to study.
It takes becoming and practice before it becomes a part of our being. Confidence in self and a positive attitude cannot be wished into being. It is a lifelong skill that requires commitment, time and consistent practice.
In order to learn any skill you must have a deep desire to:
- Be aware and clear in your mind of the advantages in learning something new and incorporating it in your life.
- Ask to be mentored or taught by someone you trust.
- Learn the basics of the task or skill but don’t expect perfection right away.
- Expect some setbacks and don’t become discouraged.
- Set up a plan of action with measurable steps in order to reach an ultimate goal.
- Focus on effort and use self-encouragement.
- Move forward and do something every day to take advantage of momentum.
- Enjoy the skill as it becomes automatic action and enhances your life.
Changing your outlook to one of encouragement and positive outcome will be a life skill that will not only affect you but everyone around you.
You are invited to http://www.encourageselfconfidence.com to read more about this process of building your self confidence and self-esteem. You will be so glad that you took the steps to overcome anxiety and fear and step into the light.
Your Friend and Supporter,
Judy H. Wright aka Auntie Artichoke, family relationship author and motivational speaker